- MCom (Econ)
- PhD (Econ candidate – Stellenbosch University)
- Born: 1961
- Country: Morocco
- Citizenship: South African
- Cell: +27 (0) 72 210 2139
Jacques is a specialist in undertaking highly technical economic due diligences, research and feasibility studies on complex industries, such a mining, defence force, astrophysics, chemical and water related industries.
- Jacques has an Economics Master’s degree specializing in stock markets.
- Currently completing his PHD in economics (Stellenbosch University)
- Has written 17 financial books. Five are university textbooks.
- Corporate advisor in over 1200 projects since June 2000.
- Associate to Chamber of Mines and numerous stockbroking firms
- Sits on various Boards of JSE/ALTX listed and private companies
- Former director and Head of Research for SA Stockbrokers Global Capital Securities.
- Currently Group CEO of Business Consultants International
- Member of SA Mining Research House Coaltech
- Associate Member: Surface Environment Steering Committee
Jacques has been an investment and corporate strategist since 1987. He started his career as a financial journalist for the Financial Mail, before being headhunted into stockbroking.
Since 1987, Jacques has worked for numerous publications and stockbroking firms, including the publications Business Day, Mail & Guardian, the UK-based Petroleum Economist and The Star. On the analytical side, Jacques has worked for EW Baldersons, IBCA International, Frankel Pollak Vinderine, CA Miller Raw & Co and Global Capital Securities.
His experience thus includes stockbroking, business development and corporate strategy. Before setting up Business Consultants International June 2000, he was a director, strategist and head of research for South African stockbrokers Global Capital Securities.
ANGLO AMERICAN CORPORATION
- The Circular Economy: Benchmarking Anglo American Commodities
- eMalahleni Water Treatment Due Diligence
- Economic Analysis of Ammonium Sulphate & Mixed Metal Nitrates
- Economic Analysis of Gypsum Pricing Report
- Financial Modelling: Kromdraai Water Treatment Plant
- Mapping the Global Water Treatment Industry
- Assessment of a coal-based by-product: Brine
- Water Treatment Plant Due Diligence
- Water Treatment Plant analysis & Due Diligence – eMalahleni
ANGLO & GOLDER ASSOCIATES
- Institutional Framework for Water Treatment
COALTECH & CHAMBER OF MINES
- FEASIBILITY STUDIES ON CHEMICAL PROCESSING PLANTS:
- Eutectic Freeze Crystallization
- Ion Exchange
ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF CHEMICAL PRODUCTS
- Magnesium Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulphate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Sulphate, Sodium Chloride and Sodium Nitrate
- Share Analysis and Company Forecasting (Struik Business Library, 1995)
- The Business Plan: A Manual for South African Entrepreneurs (Zebra Press, 1996)
- The Millionaire Portfolio (Zebra Press, 2003)
- Jungle Tactics: Global Research, Investment & Portfolio Strategies (Heinemann, 2003)
- A Guide to AltX: Listing on SA’s Alternative Stock Exchange (Zebra, 2004)
- Become Your Own Stockbroker (Zebra, 2005)
- The Corporate Mechanic: The Analytical Strategist’s Guide (Juta, 2007)
- Richer Than Buffett: Day Trading to Ultra-Wealth (Struik, 2007)
- The Guerrilla Principle: Winning Tactics for Global Project managers (Juta, 2008)
- Women & wealth (2009, Oshun)
- Lore of the Global Trader (Penguin, 2011)
- Master Trader (Penguin, 2011)
- Business & Entrepreneurship (Milpark Business School, 2013)
- The Penny Share Millionaire (Business Expert Press, 2017)
- Welcome to My Trading Room Vol 1 (Business Expert Press, 2017)
- Welcome to My Trading Room Vol 2 (Business Expert Press, 2017)
- Welcome to My Trading Room Vol 3 (Business Expert Press, 2018)